Chief Information OfficerSpringfield, MA area
Smith & Wilkinson has been engaged by our client on the search for their next Chief Information Officer. Reporting to the President & CEO, the Chief Information Officer will oversee all aspects of the Bank’s technology and information systems including the development and recommendation of technology objectives and policies, as well as long- and short-range strategic plans. This individual will provide leadership and direction regarding the application and use of information technology across the entire Bank.
The CIO will be responsible for overall operation of the bank’s technologies and management of the Information Technology (IT) Department. The chosen individual will manage the bank’s computer operations, LAN/WAN, telephone system, web site, electronic banking and management information processes.
Additional responsibilities include the protection of Bank employees, customers, assets and property through the development and administration of a Bank protection program.
- Lead the Information Technology Department staff to provide best in class technical support and secure and stable technology services. Advocate and drive the full utilization of deployed technology.
- Oversees the bank’s LAN/WAN infrastructure to include servers, routers, firewalls, PCs, ATM/ITM, SAN (and backups) and other devices. Establish appropriate operating processes to administer each in alignment with established bank policies.
- Responsible for all user provisioning on the network and is directly responsible for the effective administration of all hardware, software, firewall management and network security systems.
- Responsible for the effective oversight and management of the Bank’s telecommunications environment, including direct responsibility for the Bank’s phone system; work to ensure technology deployed is being fully utilized.
- Provide technical project management oversight on all projects as assigned; prioritize and deliver IT projects within established timeframes and budget.
- Assure that network health is maintained. Maintain and test back-up systems to support critical operations and disaster recovery (DRC) planning.
- Assure that functionality of the bank’s web site is maintained.
- Supervise IT staff; perform annual reviews for each staff member; create personal development and training plan for each staff member; act as mentor to IT staff
- Review all policies affecting IT on an annual basis. Revise policies as necessary.
- Assure compliance with all policies affecting IT. Report exceptions to IT Steering Committee and superviso
- Create IT budget. Monitor actual expenditures and report results to IT Steering committee
- Manage relationships with all critical vendors that supply or support electronic products, equipment and services.
- Assure that hardware and software inventories are maintained and assure that proper licenses are in place for all software
- Establish system to monitor support calls received, turnaround time, etc and report results to IT Steering Committee.
- Make recommendations and participate in the selection and evaluation of software and hardware to be purchased.
- Work with internal and external auditors and regulators to assure integrity of the bank’s information systems.
- Oversee and provide insight and guidance regarding the Bank’s Information Security policies.
- Keep current on all industry related trends, by attending seminars, and reading appropriate industry publications.
- Participate on various committees as directed by supervisor.
- Enhance and promote the role and visibility of the Bank in the community; play an active role on the boards or committees of selected community or industry-oriented service or professional organizations.
- Perform other similar duties inherent with the position or as directed by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on computer information systems, accounting and/or finance.
- At least five years of experience as a programmer or analyst.
- Knowledge of all data processing equipment used by the bank.
- At least five years of managerial and supervisory experience in the information technology field.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning and project management.
- Experience with creating and managing the bank’s annual budget for hardware, software, and communication equipment.
- At least five years of experience managing and coordinating outside vendors providing key IT services and support.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Appropriate certifications will be expected to be maintained.