Commercial UnderwriterBoston, MA
Smith & Wilkinson has been engaged on a search for a Commercial Underwriter in the greater Boston, MA area. This role is for a true producer, and perfect for an underwriting professional looking to grow with a well-respected, established carrier.
- Underwrite small commercial insurance products including Business Owners Policy (BOP), Commercial Package Policy (CPP) Workers Compensation, Commercial Automobile and Commercial Umbrella to ensure accurate risk selection and pricing.
- Support Company and Regional Office growth, retention and profitability initiatives.Will have frequent communication and interaction with regional marketing staff and regional leaders.
- Underwriting Sales of small commercial products and coverages through regular and proactive communication with agents.
- Occasional travel to agent offices and/or agent events.
- Train and mentor less-experienced underwriters.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in insurance underwriting (carrier or agency preferred)
- Property & Casualty Insurance industry coursework a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid sales and negotiation skills
- Exceptional analytical thinking skills
For more information, please reach out to Stacy St. Onge for a confidential conversation.