Director of Sales & MarketingRemote, United States
This remote position can be based anywhere in the U.S. near a major airport with willingness to travel 50%. Travel will be to prospect and client sites and numerous insurance industry events throughout the year.
As savvy consumers utilize technology to shop for insurance based on price, peer reviews, and other factors, insurance companies are consistently on the lookout for ways to differentiate. New companies continue to emerge to create partnerships with carriers that will enhance a policyholder’s experience, and to continually encourage behavior and lifestyle that can reduce premium and help customers achieve personal health & wellness goals.
As the Director of Sales & Marketing for our client, your efforts will be focused on bringing awareness of their products and services to the U.S. insurance community. Not only will you be helping to create a better overall policyholder experience, you will be bringing a valuable tool to carriers that will allow them to harness rich data that will drive innovation, new product development, and more refined pricing to the communities they serve.
In order to be successful in this role, a candidate should possess:
- An inherent entrepreneurial spirit and the “all-in” mentality and approach crucial to success in a startup environment
- An ability to connect with senior-level executives and tell an impactful story that will resonate with their growth initiatives
- A mindset that is both creative and financially-driven. Being able to vocalize the holistic benefits of a partnership while demonstrating concrete ROI is imperative
- Current knowledge of the role that technology (AI, robotics, wearables, etc.) is playing in the evolution of technology
- Ability to influence positive change in risk-averse environments
Desired qualifications for this role include:
- 8+ years of business development / marketing experience within the insurance industry, working for a management consulting firm, multi-line carrier, TPA or other service provider
- Ability to create and deliver robust proposals that will appeal and make sense to Marketing and Distribution executives at the carrier level
- Experience in a startup environment preferred; taking ownership of business growth through grassroots efforts is crucial
- Experience working in a data-driven environment; candidates selling technology solutions to the insurance industry will be strong considerations
- Strong buy-in to the company’s mission to bring wellness (physical, emotional, financial) to the masses
Please email email@example.com for immediate consideration.