Insurance Product ManagerDallas, TX
Smith & Wilkinson has been engaged on a search for an Insurance Product Manager who is interested in getting in at the ground floor of one of the industry’s fastest-growing startups. This candidate must be technically savvy, data-oriented, and possess exceptional research skills. The Product Manager will lead all insurance-related software projects, as well as work closely with colleagues cross-departmentally to implement new solutions and product development.
- Exceptional technology skills in order to develop software strategy, implement all new software systems, troubleshoot existing technology solutions, and define ongoing software strategy for the company.
- Collaborate closely with other departments to ensure smooth product development throughout project lifecycle.
- Conduct market research and maintain a strong awareness of the life insurance market.
- Ability to build highly customizable, scalable technology solutions for the company, to drive product development and sales.
Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related subject: accounting, finance, management, business or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in product management or consulting in insurance/Insurtech, financial services/fintech, or similarly regulated industry. Prior Life Insurance experience is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across functional areas in preparing schedules for all phases of product development and launch
- Strong working knowledge of requirements related to rollout of new product in highly-regulated environment
- Familiarity with various software development methods is a must.
- Analytical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to factor data and metrics into the decision-making process.
- Stellar communication skills; empathy and collaborative spirit is required!
- Ability to work independently and serve as a peer leader; self-motivation is a key requirement for success in this role.
- Proven track record of successful project management throughout entire lifecycle.
Our client provides an extremely competitive salary and benefits – including 100% company-paid health insurance; an excellent work/life balance with generous PTO; and a collaborative, supportive, energetic office culture. For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Ken Jordan.