Senior Research & Development AnalystRemote,
The Senior Research & Development Analyst will be a key part of our recently created Insurance Analytics team. This position drives the analytics behind product enhancements resulting in more competitive offerings and prices that better match risk and rate. The position partners with line of business leads and information systems to find creative solutions that balance statistical elegance with real world constraints. The candidate conducts research, performs data analysis, and develops predictive model-enabled solutions to solve critical business problems.
This position is a remote opportunity.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in strategic discussions across all product lines of business – Automobile (Personal & Commercial), Homeowners, Dwelling Fire, Business Owners(BOP), Artisan Contractors, Workers Compensation, and Umbrella
- Solve complex business problems by leveraging the latest analytical tools and techniques
- Create new reports and tools for improved data consumption throughout the organization
- Lead product development initiatives from data collection through analytical solution and implementation
- Evaluate success and drive continuous improvement in product enhancements
- Serve as expert and educator on predictive modeling techniques and analytical software
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mathematics, computer science, actuarial science, data science, statistics, or related STEM/analytics-oriented discipline. Professional insurance related coursework such as actuarial exams, CPCU, AINS are a plus.
Foundational knowledge of analytic, product management, actuarial and/or insurance concepts demonstrated by a minimum of four years related professional experience. Candidates should be familiar with multivariate modeling techniques, actuarial methods, or other complex quantitative analytics.
- Programming experience in SQL, C++, Visual Basic, or related
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in analytical tools such as R, Tableau or SAS
- Demonstrated ability to build, update, and prepare datasets for analysis
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated with a “get it done” attitude
- Committed to continuous knowledge development and able to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to exercise discretion and apply independent judgment
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Flexibility to handle assignments in various stages of completion at the same time