Sr. Business AnalystHartford, CT
Smith & Wilkinson has been engaged on a search for a Senior Business Analyst to join a dynamic, collaborative DevOps team at a multinational, property & casualty, reinsurance company. The Senior Business Analyst, reporting to the VP of Operations and Business Technology, will help manage technical projects relating to the underwriting and overall operations of the company. Strong technology skills and knowledge are required for success in this position, as this department is undergoing some major modernization. The successful hire will have an extensive P&C insurance background, database management experience, QA testing, IT and ability to work in an Agile environment. Because of the fast-paced nature of this team, candidates must be excellent team players, self-starters, and extremely goal oriented.
- Serve as project manager for complex, collaborative, and long-term projects affecting underwriting, actuary, claims and IT.
- Replacement of legacy systems with new programming.
- Developing, testing, troubleshooting and training on new technology initiatives.
- Frequent communication, troubleshooting, and training of underwriting colleagues on new projects.
- Ability to collaborate and innovate as part of a team.
- Understanding of databases, data dictionaries, product mock-ups, UAT test plans and user story translations, and project management skills.
- Understanding of billings, payments, commissions, common underwriting policies, insurance business operations and other industry knowledge is expected.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; industry certifications a bonus.
- 7 years minimum experience in the P&C, liability, or specialty insurance fields.
- Excellent technical skills, including experience with Agile, QA testing, DevOps, information technology, platform development, and digitization.
- Microsoft Stack experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Competitive six figure salary and bonus potential
- 401k match
- Future flex work schedule