Supervisor of Engineering Services (Water)BC - 1001 - Saco, ME
Our client Maine Water, a division of Connecticut Water, is looking for a talented Supervisor of Engineering Services to lead and manage their Technical Services team in Saco, Maine. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated engineer with a Professional Engineer license and the confidence to lead the direction and strategic focus for capital projects focused on delivering water to communities throughout the state of Maine.
The project work will focus on maintaining and improving water treatment, water distribution infrastructure, while using GIS, hydraulic modeling and asset management tools to provide the best service to their customers and clients. Oversight and managing successful construction projects in general, and utility construction in particular, will be key aspects of the position.
The right candidate will be able to provide forward-thinking strategies to identify and plan projects and initiatives for the annual capital improvement plan. Opportunity for growth in the role is directly connected to the ability to develop these strategic initiatives, ability to create new areas for efficiencies with processes and systems, and the motivation to drive positive change.
The technical aspects of projects include:
- Supervision and leadership of the engineering and technical services staff in Maine as part of the integrated CTWS Engineering and Technical Services organization.
- Strategic planning and implementation of engineering policies and procedures to support company growth and enhanced integration of engineering services.
- Identify, design, coordinate, and implement water utility infrastructure projects.
- Deployment of Technical Support Services including GIS, asset management, and hydraulic modeling to engineering, service delivery, and customer service staff in Maine.
- Regulatory compliance with MPUC rules regarding system mapping, emergency response planning and Water Infrastructure Charge project requirements.
- Working through construction issues and managing contractors and construction contracts will be a consistent need in the role.
- Responsible for providing excellent service to our customers, shareholders and employees by providing technical support and service to the public water systems owned and/or operated by the Company
- Responsibility for the development and execution of the annual capital improvement program
- Responsibility for successfully utilizing GIS for asset and infrastructure management
- Management, development and leadership of a team of junior staff
- B.S. (M.S. desirable) in civil or related engineering discipline
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Strong understanding of the Maine and Federal environmental regulatory framework