SVP, Director of Mortgage BankingBar Harbor, ME
The SVP, Director of Mortgage Banking is responsible for designing and executing the mortgage banking strategy for Bar Harbor Bank & Trust in order to achieve specific corporate goals for loan growth and departmental profitability. Through a team of subordinate sales managers, the Director of Mortgage Banking is responsible for recruiting and managing a sales force of Mortgage Loan Officers across the Company’s three-state footprint and through them driving loan production volume.
- Working with Senior Executive Team, design the Bank’s annual strategic plan for Mortgage Banking, including setting growth and profitability goals, operational and product goals, and annual staffing targets.
- Recruit and manage Mortgage Loan Officers across the Company’s footprint to drive loan volume appropriate to established goals.
- Lead, motivate and develop staff by providing mentoring, coaching, and training to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Partner with Learning & Development to determine and coordinate department training needs.
- Leverage current technology to gain operational efficiencies, drive profitability, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the department operates at best practice levels.
- Continually monitor emerging technologies and industry trends, and work to expand channel choices.
- Recommend design of products, policy/ procedure changes, and pricing.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements utilizing internal controls and ongoing coaching of staff.
- Stay abreast of changes in markets and the industry as a whole and make recommendations accordingly.
- Perform the usual duties of a manager, including hiring, supervising, coaching, rewarding, developing and retaining a high-quality staff.
- 15+ years of professional experience in mortgage banking in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Comprehensive mortgage banking industry expertise, including staffing and compensation models, product design, process improvement, technology systems, secondary market sales, compliance and regulatory matters, etc.
- Proven leadership and sales management ability.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate professional experience.