VP, Brokerage DirectorGreater Boston,, MA area
Smith & Wilkinson has been retained by a top mutual life insurance company to find their next VP, Brokerage Director. This role will be responsible for all aspects of channel strategy, management and results. As part of the Individual Distribution department, the successful candidate will recruit select targeted General Agencies and Independent Distributors nationwide. In addition, this position requires management of the entire brokerage sales team.
1. Develops and implements distribution/expansion growth plan including:
• Overall Sales & Marketing strategy
o Traditional Brokerage
o Independent Distribution
• Development and execution of long term growth plans
• Managing new GA recruitment in step with expansion.
• Management presentations
2. Manages and participates in all GA recruiting efforts
• Selecting targets
• Conference calls
• Face to face presentations
• Program launch
3. Develops long term productive relationships with GAs
• Maintains high levels of communication- including GA Visits.
• Sets and monitors production requirements.
• Participating in industry events and sponsorships.
• Be an active member in industry trade associations
• Drafts and negotiates partner/producer contracts.
4. Oversees day to day activities of distribution channel
• Complete oversight of all aspects of department.
• Grows and mentors brokerage team providing feedback, directions, insight.
• Development and training of staff to develop best-in-class- organization.
• Sets production goals and associated bonus plans and reports for staff.
• Builds management reports.
5. Enhances the company’s value proposition by working with the senior management team to create processes and programs that appeal to Brokerage and Independent Distribution partners.
• Ongoing competitive analysis and positioning.
• Coordinates with legal on new state filings.
• Product Development Committee.
• Collaborates with internal business partners on unique business opportunities.
For immediate consideration, please contact Ken Jordan for a confidential conversation