Area Manager II
Our client, Aqua, a water utility serving 1 million customers over eight states is currently hiring for an Area Manager to oversee their Western Pennsylvania territory. As one of the largest water utilities in the country Aqua takes great pride in providing communities with clean, safe drinking water and responsibly returning wastewater to our rivers and streams.
The Area Manager will be responsible for overseeing a total of 10 water & wastewater treatment facilities that serve about 75,000 customers. The role is responsible for the overall management and operations of the territory and partners closely with customers, regulators, operators, and engineers to provide reliable and quality water services. It also works to expand the territory by supporting the internal business development and marketing teams.
Beyond your typical responsibilities, this is an opportunity to join a growing team of experts that recognize that water is a precious resource, and their mission is to protect this critical ingredient of life. It’s a chance to join a company that is committed to supporting local communities and providing growth for its staff.
- Managing a robust budget to ensure the capital spending target is met
- Manage divisional managers/supervisors/team leaders
- Manage and report financial and operating performance metrics through comprehensive evaluation of revenue/expenditures, operational performance reports and capital/operating plans. Use appropriate software to review information and develop reports as necessary
- Participate in personal development, interviewing, hiring, training, appraising performance, rewarding, counseling, and employee discipline when necessary
- Implement programs to ensure quality service is provided to customers, including compliance with all federal and state regulations, and compliance with state business and economic regulations for public utilities
- Travel throughout the Western PA territory
- B.S. (M.S. desirable) ideally in Civil / Environmental Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer is a plus
- Approx. 10 years of experience in the water or wastewater industry