Associate Director of Finance
Community & Economic Development
We’re excited to be partnering with Dorchester Bay Economic Development Corporation on their search for an Associate Director of Finance. Dorchester Bay EDC acts to build strong, thriving, and diverse community in Boston’s Dorchester Bay neighborhoods. Working closely with neighborhoods, residents, businesses and partners, they access resources to serve their three main areas: real estate development, economic development, and community engagement.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Associate Director of Finance will participate and assist in the accurate and timely completion of all corporate finance, accounting, property management and Information Technology functions within Dorchester Bay EDC. They will work with the Director of Finance and Administration to ensure budget compliance, track expenditures and ensure appropriateness within funding source guidelines. They will work with the real estate development staff to develop and trace development budgets and all other departments on performance against budget and revenue and expense anomalies. They will be responsible for coordinating the annual audit of Dorchester Bay EDC and its affiliated corporations.
- CPA with CDC Real Estate development experience strongly preferred; masters degree in accounting with relevant CDC experience to be considered
- 7+ years of professional experience, 5+ of management
- Entrepreneurial spirit and capacity to creatively solve problems
- Commitment to the development and implementation of sound finance and accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work with and support non-financial professional colleagues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Interested candidates should contact Jen Campanaro at email@example.com or 207-289-3136.