AVP/VP Commercial Lender
Community & Regional Banks
Passumpsic Savings Bank opened on Main Street in St. Johnsbury, VT in 1853. At the time, Franklin Pierce was President of the United States, and St. Johnsbury was a growing manufacturing hub, home to the Fairbanks Scale Company, which manufactured the world’s first platform scales. The Bank was founded as a mutual savings bank, essentially a philanthropic organization with no shareholders, in order to take deposits from local workers and families, while providing them with some small return in the form of interest, and to provide conservative mortgage loans to the community.
Responsible for developing, structuring, underwriting and managing commercial loan and deposit relationships that meet established requirements and provide maximum profitability to the Bank at minimum risk. This position will inherit a commercial portfolio and manage the Northern New Hampshire market (Littleton/Lancaster, NH).
• Interviews loan applicants and collects and analyzes financial and related data to determine the general credit worthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
• Establishes and negotiates where necessary, terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs or repayment methods and schedule, and collateral requirements.
• Collects and analyzes information that reflects the current credit worthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. May obtain information through direct inspection of the applicant’s business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports, personal interview, and other means.
• Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect from past due accounts.
• Advises customers, where possible, concerning business management and financial matters.
• Develops new business by contacting prospects and customers, cross-sell Banks services.
• Develops material for and makes loan presentations to the appropriate loan authority where required.
• Participates in community affairs to increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
• Serves as a contact officer for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for matters relating to other Bank services.
• Undertakes special projects relating to department services as assigned by the Head of Lending