AVP/VP Commercial Lender
Community & Regional Banks
Passumpsic Bank is a modern, diversified community bank, with total assets approaching $825MM, and ten branch offices on either side of the Connecticut River throughout northeastern Vermont and northern New Hampshire. The bank boasts a Tier 1 Risk-based Capital Ratio of 16.64% and enviable Return on Equity of 13.25% (ending 12/31/20). In 2020, Passumpsic Bank was named a Top 200 Community Bank in the U.S. by American Banker and a Forbes Best-in-State Bank three years running, currently #1 in Vermont.
Passumpsic Bank has a strategy to expand their franchise into new markets. Under the direction of the SVP Senior Commercial Lender and the CEO & President, the bank is committed to adding an experienced Commercial Lender that will develop new business along the Berlin/Montpelier/Burlington, VT corridor.
Responsible for developing, structuring, underwriting, and managing commercial loan and deposit relationships that meet established requirements and provide maximum profitability to the Bank at minimum risk. This position will be a key member of the commercial lending team responsible for developing a new market for the Bank.
• Interviews loan applicants and collects and analyzes financial and related data to determine the
general credit worthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
• Establishes and negotiates where necessary, terms under which credit will be extended, including
the costs or repayment methods and schedule, and collateral requirements.
• Collects and analyzes information that reflects the current credit worthiness of customers and the
current merits of existing loans. May obtain information through direct inspection of the
applicant’s business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports, personal interview, and other means.
• Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect from past due accounts.
• Advises customers, where possible, concerning business management and financial matters.
• Develops new business by contacting prospects and customers, cross-sell Banks services.
• Develops material for and makes loan presentations to the appropriate loan authority where
• Participates in community affairs to increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new business
• Serves as a contact officer for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for matters relating to
other Bank services.
• Undertakes special projects relating to department services as assigned by the Head of Lending.
• Leverage established centers of influence to expand the brand of the Bank.