Branch Administration Officer
Community & Regional Banks
Headquartered in Morrisville, VT, Union Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Union Bancshares, Inc. (UNB, traded on the NASDAQ Exchange). Located just fifteen minutes north of beautiful Stowe Mountain Resort, the Bank has been serving northwestern VT and Northern NH for over 100 hundred years and has recently increased total assets to over $1B. Union Bank is proud to have become the leading choice for the communities that they serve – holding over 58% of the deposit base in Lamoille County. Today the Bank operates 14 retail branches in Vermont, 4 retail branches in northern New Hampshire, and two Loan Centers in Williston, VT and North Conway, New Hampshire.
The Branch Administrator will be responsible for managing the Bank’s branch operations and supervisory personnel. In addition, the selected person will provide feedback and suggestions to senior management regarding branch issues and serve as a conduit for consistent communication to and from branch staff. The Branch Administrator will make recommendations regarding and successfully implement branch policies and procedures. Ensure regulatory compliance for assign areas of responsibility. Manage assigned branch personnel.
• Manage assigned branch personnel by:
o Providing coaching, leadership and performance management skills development and mentoring.
o Make employment decisions, review performance, and make salary recommendations.
o Assign work, provide training and guidance, and advise subordinates as necessary.
o Resolve personnel problems involving direct report
• Oversee on-going branch operations to create a consistently professional and positive customer experience. Provide for the resolution of customer complaints and problems, offering guidance and support to managers as needed.
• Ensure that all branch offices are adequately staffed with properly trained personnel.
o Maintain staffing levels which meet customer service expectations and concurrently achieve operating efficiencies.
o Assist Managers with resolving personnel issues, problems, and performance deficiencies, particularly those of a more complex nature.
o Recognize and reward branch staff as appropriate to retain high performers.
o Measure staff turn-over ratios to identify if common issues exist and make recommendations to resolve if applicable.
• Assist with recruitment activities to ensure that properly qualified individuals are attracted and interviewed, coordinate with Branch Manager the hiring and selection of branch employees. Coordinate internal job postings as needed; advertise externally open positions when appropriate.
• Coordinate efforts with the Senior Operations Officer to assess effectiveness of existing retail and business deposit products and modify or introduce new products to meet customer needs and expectations