Chief Data & Analytics Officer
Community & Regional Banks
Over the past 186 years, Cambridge Savings Bank has grown to become one of the country’s premier mutually owned community banks. They are guided by their commitment to treat every customer like their only customer, and this strategy has rewarded them with consistent, year-over-year growth. Today, with nearly $4.5B in total assets, Cambridge Savings Bank is an organization that is big enough to offer a tremendous breadth of products and services to their diverse clientele, while small enough to be nimble, responsive, and personal.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President – Chief Customer Officer, the Chief Data & Analytics Officer (CDAO) will be responsible for using data and analytics to drive insights that enable the activation of customer experience improvements across business lines and in support of the Bank’s customer strategy. The CDAO will use data to create insights focused on knowing the Bank’s customers, products, and market, and then collaborate with executive leadership and business line leaders to create connectivity across lines of business; drive accountability through the use of data; and allow measurement of success and quick action. Most importantly, the CDAO will be instrumental ushering in a new culture of data discipline and data driven decision making.
• Create a data strategy roadmap of priorities that aligns with business strategy for the purpose of actionable insights that delivers value to Bank customers and communities and optimizes CSB teams.
• Set annual data project priorities based on strategic plan, business planning process and with input from LOBs. Projects would focus on maximizing customer value primarily (vs retrospective financials/operating measures) and may be exploratory to answer business questions around optimization of customer experience and lifetime value at CSB.
• Enable CSB to combine and leverage data, market intelligence and insights for strategic advantage and actioning.
• Foster a data culture by communicating the value of data and analytics, and by promoting data literacy to drive the organization’s adoption of decision making based on data and insights in context of the customer strategy.
• Create a prioritization of reporting and analytics in concert with strategic plan and yearly business plan. Includes quick wins, ways to learn data agility through taking measured manageable risks. Help to craft a more nimble, agile business.
• Use highly collaborative, state of the art approaches to enable business line performance goals and insights through data (definition, practice, governance), analytics (insights & actionable use) and eventually, using predictive modeling and hypothesis testing.
• Keep current and assess applicability to the organization of latest machine and deep learning tools, methodologies and data sets (open source and proprietary). Test and evaluate.
• Participate in regular leadership forums for sharing of information and insight.