Chief Financial Officer
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
The Chief Financial Officer role is a financial leadership role with a 40-year-old employee owned multi-discipline Engineering firm that has completed over 15,000 projects across the country. The firm is focused on continuing the current growth trajectory and is looking for a finance and business leader that can contribute to their success by leading strategic and sound business practices.
The role will oversee the on-going evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives in addition to leading the firm’s finance and accounting policies, financial reporting, tax and regulatory requirements, banking relationships, financial modeling, annual budgeting, budget analysis, corporate budget management, fringe benefit analysis, insurance brokerage relationships, forecasting, cash management practices, and risk management.
- Business Process – Support the business by identifying opportunities to improve reporting, processes/procedures; or by developing key business performance indicators and reviewing contracts to limit risk.
- Senior Leadership – Participate in leadership meetings, listen to and contribute ideas and provide expert counsel.
- Team Leadership – Manage finance team operations, mentor and support the growth of the accounting/finance team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- B.A, B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree a plus
- Approx. 10+ years of professional experience.
- Preferred experience in the engineering industry, or other professional services field.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations is a plus.
- CPA or CMA preferred but not required.
- Experience using Deltek software preferred
- Understanding of ESOP plans
ABOUT SMITH & WILKINSON
Founded in 1998, Smith & Wilkinson is one of the premier executive search and leadership consulting organizations in the country. It specializes in search and talent acquisition for board members, C-suite executives, line of business leaders, and skilled individual contributors for companies in all stages of growth and development. Smith & Wilkinson also offers consulting services, including executive leadership coaching, employee assessment, and succession planning solutions. Industries served including banking, credit unions, insurance, fintech and insurtech, wealth management, nonprofits, community and economic development organizations, and civil and environmental engineering. For more information, visit www.smithandwilkinson.com.