Chief Information Officer
Community & Regional Banks
Founded in 1855, Salem Five is now one of the country’s largest mutual banks with over $5.5B in total bank assets. The Bank’s mutual capital structure means that there are no shareholders; Salem Five is owned and operated for the benefit of customers, employees, and the communities it serves. Through consistent organic growth as well as strategic acquisitions, the Bank has grown into a sophisticated and diversified financial services company offering commercial and consumer banking, wealth management and trust services, insurance, mortgage banking, and other specialty products via an omni-channel distribution strategy.
The Chief Information Officer (“CIO”) is responsible for leading a team providing technology support and solutions for all business functions within Salem Five Bank and related affiliates. This professional and her/his team are charged with meeting the business needs and objectives of the Company in the most cost-effective manner that is consistent with the business strategy and objectives, integrity of the IT environment, and strong IT data security.
The CIO will leverage new and existing technology to help Salem Five differentiate itself. Investments in technology infrastructure will aid in customer acquisition/retention, customer service differentiation, and improved efficiency/profitability while minimizing fraud and risk.
• Manage an internal staff of 25+, in addition to a large network of third-party partners and consultants.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the Company’s mission statement, understanding that all divisions work together for one common purpose – to delight the customers with exceptional banking.
• Develop Associates to their fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that enhance Associates’ career growth.
• Recruit and develop appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning.
• Provide effective leadership through prioritization based on vision, goals, and shared decision making, while fostering entrepreneurial spirit in the team.