Chief Lending Officer
Community & Regional Banks
Wells River, VT
Based in Wells River, Vermont, Wells River Savings Bank has been providing consumer, residential, and commercial banking services to communities in Northeastern Vermont for nearly 130 years. As a mutual bank, Wells River is owned by their depositors which allows it to build and invest in the communities it serves. The bank now has five retail branches serving the region.
Wells River Savings Bank has Total Assets exceeding $200MM and is very well capitalized – boasting a Tier 1 Risk-Based Capital Ratio of 16.02%. Consistent with the bank’s strategic plan, the position of Chief Lending Officer is available.
The Chief Lending Officer will be responsible for the oversight of the Bank’s entire loan department, to include consumer, residential and commercial. The CLO will participate in the strategic organizational vision for the lending department to include product mix, technology, service delivery and compliance.
• Responsible for all lending operations, including loan origination and servicing, ensuring compliance with bank’s lending policy and consistent with applicable Bank regulations and state laws.
• Determine personnel requirements and establishes work schedules.
• Ensure overall soundness of loan portfolio, with the ability to identify and develop long term strategies that will include initiatives such as portfolio mix, growth strategies, and market penetration objectives.
• Direct the Collections Department for the collection of bad debts, foreclosures, and repossessions.
• Prepare and provide to the Board of Trustee’s monthly loan department reports.
• Work with Bank auditors and examiners in gathering, organizing, and providing all necessary loan materials for exams and audits. Work with board, management, and loan staff in understanding the exam/audit findings and providing all requested follow-up materials.
• Participate in establishment of department goals and drive performance throughout the year.
• Originate loans within lending authority and maintain a loan portfolio.
• Work closely with the Marketing Department in coordinating marketing efforts for the Loan Department.