Our client Harriman a multi-disciplinary Architecture & Engineering firm is seeking a Civil Engineer to join their growing civil practice in Auburn, Maine. With a holistic, ground-up approach to design, Harriman’s civil engineering team works closely with the firm’s internal practice groups – coordinating with architects and engineers throughout the firm – as well as directly with prime engineering clients, on a diverse group of project types.
If you’re a collaborative, innovative licensed civil engineer who is passionate about the built environment and enjoys site development, stormwater management, permitting, technical reports, and specifications, this could be the opportunity for you!
What the role is all about:
- Design and manage civil engineering and land development projects including site layout, grading, stormwater management, utility design, environmental design, facility planning, access roadway design, and permitting for a variety of project types including schools, municipal facilities, retail and mixed-use developments, and more
- Complete engineering calculations for grading, drainage design, stormwater modeling, erosion and sediment control, and stormwater permitting
- Prepare technical reports and assessments
- Produce engineering documents and civil specifications, including permitting documents for state and local permits
- Conduct comprehensive quality assurance peer reviews within the civil engineering discipline and coordinate with engineering, landscape and architectural team members
- Support projects during the construction administration phase
- Participate in business development and outreach opportunities to solicit and acquire new work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited program
- Four or more years of relevant experience
- Professional engineering license, or with the ability to obtain State of Maine license within 3 months
- Experience with the State of Maine, State of New Hampshire, or State of Massachusetts regulations, standards, and permitting requirements
- Experience with site development projects within New England
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and develop detailed construction documents and specifications
- Strong knowledge of design and analysis software including AutoCAD Civil 3D and HydroCAD, or similar stormwater management design programs
- Willingness to actively engage in professional engineering organizations such as ASCE, ACEC, and others