Our client Harriman, an architectural and engineering firm based in Auburn Maine celebrating 150 years in business is now seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to join their team. As an engineer in this multi-discipline firm you’ll have the opportunity to support a wide range of site civil projects with diverse clients throughout Maine and New England.
The role will focus on the design and management of civil engineering and land development projects including grading, storm drainage, utility design, environmental design, facility planning, site layout, roadway design, and permitting.
Harriman is well known in the area as a great place to work, a friendly family like environment, and award winning project designs. The Civil Engineering practice at Harriman works with both public and private clients with projects including municipal facilities, educational institutions, healthcare facilities, commercial and industrial development, and parks and recreational facilities.
- Complete engineering calculations for grading, drainage design, storm-water modeling, erosion and sediment control, and storm-water permitting
- Prepare technical reports and assessments, including applications for LEED certifications
- Produce engineering documents and civil specifications, including permitting documents for state and local permits
- Conduct comprehensive quality assurance peer reviews within the civil engineering discipline and coordinate with engineering, landscape and architectural team members
- Support projects during construction administration phase
- Participate in business development and outreach opportunities to solicit and acquire new work
- Attend Planning Board and other Public Meetings as necessary to support project permitting and design progress
- Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering
- Approximately 6-10 years of relevant professional experience in site development and civil engineering design
- Professional Engineer license