Civil Project Engineer / Project Manager
Our client Ransom Consulting, LLC. is currently seeking a Civil Project Engineer to join their growing Wenonah, NJ office, and market. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a small team environment collaborating closely with experienced Senior Engineers and junior staff while still being able to work independently and manage your own projects.
Your projects will focus on site civil design for land development projects for a wide range of clients. Aspects of the role include grading, water and sewer, soil erosion, and some lighting and landscaping design. Creating stormwater management calculations and reports. Preparing cost estimates, preparing applications, and any other task necessary to produce a full set of site plans for construction. The right candidate is someone interested in all aspects of delivering a project from start to finish including fieldwork, interacting with clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Site design, planning, grading and drainage, utility, and stormwater
- Working with local and state regulators for permitting needs
- Conducts site reconnaissance to identify contaminants and other environmental risks as well as collecting and compiling documents to support due diligence reports
- Attend occasional town meetings for planning board review process
- Prepare project documents including borings logs, test pit logs, daily field logs, chains-of-custody, site sketches, etc.
- Interacting with clients, contractors, and representing the firm in a professional manner at project sites.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or similar
- Ideal years of experience is 7 to 12 years of professional experience but can be flexible
- PE license preferred, or willing to obtain within one year
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and HydroCAD