Commercial Loan Officer
Community & Regional Banks
AVP/VP COMMERCIAL LOAN OFFICER
Under the broad guidance of the Senior Commercial Loan Officer and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the incumbent is responsible for developing and servicing a variety of business loans, both secured and unsecured that meet established lending policies, provide maximum bank profitability while minimizing risk to the bank. Actively participates in and promotes business development activities designed to support the growth of the bank and meet individual and team loan production goals.
• Adheres to the NHMB Values: A+ Merits – Accountability, Mutuality, Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, and Stewardship.
• Sources develops and services a variety of commercial loan clients according to established policy.
• Interviews loan applicants complete loan applications and obtains necessary financial and operating statement documentation.
• Prepares and organizes loan file data and performs independent analysis and judgment of creditworthiness of the prospective borrower on the basis of interviews and financial data.
• Presents relevant application data and loan application recommendations to senior lender and/or investment committee according to established policy.
• Ensures final approved rates, terms, special conditions, etc., and secures all necessary notes, pledges, and collateral when documenting the loan.
• Undertakes activities to establish a full account relationship designed to include but not limited to deposits, indirect lending, and other bank products as identified. Senior VP, Senior Retail Administrations Officer Webster 5 web5.com AVP/VP Commercial Loan Officer Meredith Village Savings Bank www.mvsb.com
• Participates in customer relationship-building activities related to commercial lending and overall customer service in lending area. Regularly seeks to identify and call on a variety of commercial loan prospects and existing customers to develop or expand commercial business relationships.
• Takes an active interest in the business and community activities within the region to promote bank growth. Participates in local community activities or obtains membership in local organizations to promote the image of the Bank.
• Assumes responsibility for the follow-up and servicing of the existing accounts by maintaining awareness of loan maturities, past due loans, financial information, etc., which could affect the status of the loan and taking the appropriate action; and maintaining frequent contact with the borrower.
• Attends and participates in various internal committee meetings and may serve as a member of assigned committees and project teams as required.
• Actively participates in strategic cross-functional business development initiatives and activities including joint calling partnerships designed to enhance bank business and lending opportunities across multiple lines.
• Actively promotes the larger organization, reputation, and associated product and service offerings to ensure maximum bank and affiliate customer relationships and business opportunities.