Environmental Leader / Office Manager
Our client is currently looking to hire an environmental leader or “up and coming” leader to take on their new Office Manager role for their Providence, Rhode Island office, and the surrounding geography. This an exciting challenge for a consulting engineer or scientist that would like to build off of their great reputation of servicing clients in the region delivering environmental due diligence, environmental remediation, and EH&S expertise for over 25 years.
The Office Manager role has been created as a strategical effort to build a small talented team to support current clients in the area while building new relationships with clients throughout the RI, and neighboring MA & CT geographies.
As one of the leaders of the firm the Office Manager will not only be responsible for project delivery and business development but also for fostering a positive working culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and supports professional growth.
This opportunity is a great match for someone that enjoys leading and building high performing teams, directing strategy, developing trusted client relationships, and having a positive local impact.
- Business and financial management of the office and ensuring that all projects are managed effectively to meet profitability targets.
- Develops and implements marketing and business development strategies to bring in new clients in support of Ransom’s growth strategy. Provides support and training to staff on business development approaches and client retention strategies.
- Responsible for hiring and retaining staff to support company and client needs. This includes providing mentorship to junior staff in developing their careers as mid-level technical staff and project managers.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in an environmentally oriented field (geology, environmental science, hydrology, engineering, etc.)
- Required Licensures (one or more): LEP, LSP
- 15+ years of professional experience in environmental consulting, preferably in RI/MA/CT
- Strong business development acumen and network of past/current/potential clients (municipal institutions, developers, local/state/federal government) and business partners (attorneys, planners, engineers and architects).