Community & Economic Development
We’re so excited to be partnering with Barre Area Development as they search for their next Executive Director. Barre Area Development, Inc (BADC) was organized in 1961 to promote economic development in Barre City and Barre Town. BADC provides guidance and support to businesses and individuals to establish, relocate, or expand their business. Collaborating with local, State, and Federal agencies, BADC is a knowledgeable resource and facilitator to execute on economic opportunities and developments. The next Executive Director should be competent in business development and economic growth and will act as a leader and liaison for new and existing businesses.
• Develop short- and long-range economic development plans, coordinating with other municipal departments and agencies as needed.
• Identify and implement programs to attract new business investment and employment in the Barre area.
• Gather, interpret, and prepare data and resources in order to present reports and recommendations and provide technical and professional advice regarding economic development issues, programs, services, and plans.
• Work with and act as a confidential liaison between the local governments and among various economic development organizations including Central Vermont Economic Development Corp. (CVEDC), Central Vermont Chamber (CVC), regional and local planning commission, state agencies, etc.
• Develop and maintain a database of all businesses in the City and Town of Barre, a comprehensive inventory of available buildings and sites for economic development, and financial records for commercial lease buildings.
• Serve as the proactive point of contact for business prospects, gathering and recording prospects, responding to inquiries, and providing information on utilities, taxes, zoning, transportation, community services, financing tools and incentives.
• Act as liaison for existing businesses with expansion, relocation, and financing and provide or arrange business advisory services, technical assistance, operational evaluation, and financial analysis.
• Assist municipalities in preparing grant, revolving loan fund, or other funding mechanism applications and implementing those funds.