Human Resources Manager
Our client, Ransom Consulting LLC., is a 75+ employee environmental and multi-discipline engineering consulting firm with offices in five states, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and New Jersey. They have been around since 1988, and collaborate with clients in a wide range of markets including commercial, governmental, and industrial partners.
The Human Resources Manager will play an important role in keeping this organization performing well and efficiently by supporting their engineers and scientist so they can focus on project delivery and extraordinary client experience the firm has built a reputation for.
Beyond your typical Human Resources responsibilities, this is position must be able to establish a respected and trusted relationship with its staff and business leaders. The culture at Ransom is committed to a positive and collaborative working environment, and this position will have a key influence on the culture from an employee’s first day.
With an office located on the Portland, Maine waterfront, and services that make a positive impact on the environment and our communities, this is a special opportunity for an experienced Human Resources professional.
- Be comfortable owning the Human Resources function of the company, with support & direction from senior leadership
- Lead an effective recruitment process to help identify the top talent in a competitive market
- Ensure a smooth and effective onboarding for new employees
- Manage efficient and effective performance review processes
- Support employee engagement and manage employee relations issues
- Benefits & wellness programs, and reviewing of payroll.
- BA or BS degree
- 7+ years of Human Resources experience
- Professional certifications are great, but not required
- Experience working in a Professional Services industry (Law Firm, CPA, AEC) is highly preferred but not required