Information Security Officer
Community & Regional Banks
Reporting to the CIO, the Systems Security Engineer is responsible for daily log review, vulnerability monitoring and scanning, development of system security procedures and designing data network configurations to ensure an efficient and secure computing environment for 5 Billion dollar bank.
• Configure, manage and monitor a wide range of system security tools including: SEIM tool configuration and monitoring; IPS and Antivirus/Malware event monitoring.
• Working knowledge of NIST Cybersecurity Framework and CIS Benchmarks.
• Supports Engineering with Security Reviews in the preparation for the installation of servers and network equipment, as well as design and implementation reviews for new projects.
• Evaluation of risk assessments for systems, software, processes and network design.
• Development of auditable information system security procedures and exception tracking. Create and maintain documentation.
• Oversees logical access controls for the network, Internet, remote network access, application security levels and utility file controls in order to prevent and alert management to unauthorized access.
• Policy exception and incident reporting.
• Vulnerability scanning and follow-up on remediation efforts.
• Change Control monitoring.
• Develops policy and procedures as warranted.
• Maintains frequent and effective interaction with Network, Systems, Risk and Technology support areas to ensure secure systems integration and compliance with IT Security Policies.
• Reviews installation of all servers and networking equipment for successful implementation of defined security standards.
• Assists with Project Management groups in the design, implementation and security review with new Technology projects and changes to existing network and application within the