Licensed Electrical Engineer
Our client Harriman a multi-disciplinary Architecture & Engineering firm is seeking a licensed Electrical Engineer to join their Electrical Engineering practice in any one of their four office locations. As an engineer in this multi-discipline firm, you’ll have the opportunity to support a wide range of projects with diverse clients throughout Maine and New England.
The role will focus on designing energy management systems with direct digital controls that provide cost-efficient operation and the means for tracking energy data. Projects will include renovations that expand upon existing systems, designing new systems that interface with existing systems, or all new systems for both new buildings and existing facilities. Energy conservation, ease of operation, and the comfort of building occupants are primary considerations.
The Electrical Engineering practice at Harriman works with both public and private clients with projects including municipal facilities, educational institutions, healthcare facilities, commercial and industrial development, and parks and recreational facilities.
This position would require being the technical Electrical Engineer lead on project designs as well as mentoring other junior staff that would assist this position with completing project work. So, if you’re a collaborative, innovative licensed electrical engineer looking for a project management opportunity to mentor junior staff and guide innovative and successful projects then this could be the opportunity for you!
- Complete engineering calculations to develop the detailed design of electrical systems for buildings and site developments
- May supervise and direct junior staff as well as provide project oversight and management, supervision and guidance on overall objectives, critical issues, or new concept
- Produce engineering documents and electrical specifications
- Conduct comprehensive quality assurance peer reviews, code studies, and verify code compliance
- Plan and conduct work including existing facility evaluations, technical reports and assessments, and cost estimates
- Support projects during construction administrative phase
- Participate in business development and outreach opportunities to solicit and acquire new work
- Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer license
- Approximately 6-10 years of relevant professional experience in electrical system design for buildings and site developments