Our client, ECT2, is an exciting local Portland, Maine company leading the way in the treatment and removal of emerging compounds and contaminants from water and air. As the concern and awareness for the health effects of exposure to chemicals such as PFAS, and VOC’s grows the need for new treatment technologies to remove these contaminants from water sources and the air is increasing rapidly, and ECT2 is quickly establishing itself as global experts in removal technologies.
The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful design, fabrication, and installation of ECT2’s equipment for their clients across the country. A project starts at the initial R/D stage for a specific client’s needs and ends at the installation, but can continue into the onsite operation of the system.
This role will require strong communication skills, the ability to define and manage the scope, schedule, and budget for large capital projects. The Project Manager will be working with other internal departments and discipline leaders as well as the client and their teams to manage expectations and deliver outstanding results.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Be an integral part of our safety culture, approaching all aspects of work with a safety-first attitude.
- Learn and understand the highly technical products that we are delivering to our customers.
- Own all aspects of the project, including the project schedule and financial status.
- Oversee the QA/QC procedures to ensure a best in class product.
- Monitor reports and schedules to ensure appropriate charging of labor hours, costs and expenses to projects.
- Monitor subconsultants progress and performance, reviews and approve invoices and resolve payment and project disputes.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Participates in the development of best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Determines the final testing and validation requirements of the systems installed in the field.
- Travels as needed, primarily domestically, to support the project team in the delivery of products to customers. Estimated travel is 25-30%.
- B.S. (M.S. desirable) ideally in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Civil, Environmental, etc)
- Licensed Professional Engineer is a plus, but not required
- Approx 8+ years of experience supporting or leading projects