Project Scientist 2
Our client Ransom Consulting, LLC. is currently seeking an Environmental Engineer or Scientist to join their Providence, RI office and market. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a small team environment collaborating closely with experienced Sr. Project Managers while still being able to work independently.
Your projects will focus on site redevelopment and brownfield projects for a wide range of clients. Aspects of the role include conducting fieldwork for site investigations & assessments, assisting in the implementation of remedial actions, providing construction & drilling oversight, along with Phase I report writing. The right candidate is someone that is interested in fieldwork, can interact well with clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Assist with environmental fieldwork tasks for site investigation and remediation projects.
- Conduct field investigations including well installation in unconsolidated formations and bedrock, test pitting, well gauging and groundwater sampling, and soil sampling.
- Conducts site reconnaissance to identify contaminants and other environmental risks as well as collecting and compiling documents to support due diligence reports.
- Remedial system installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Prepare project documents including borings logs, test pit logs, daily field logs, chains-of-custody, site sketches, etc.
- Interacting with clients, contractors, and representing the firm in a professional manner at project sites.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in an environmentally-oriented field of study (environmental or related engineering, geology, hydrogeology, etc.).
- Approximately 3+ years of professional experience.
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training is preferred.