Senior Commercial Lender
Community & Regional Banks
Our client is a mutual community bank that was established in 1933 as Sanford Institute for Savings (SIS). In 2019, SIS rebranded itself as Partners Bank. Today, Partners Bank has grown to exceed $800MM in total assets and has eleven branches that serve communities throughout Southern Maine and Southern New Hampshire. As a mutual savings bank it operates solely for the benefit of its deposit and loan customers and is focused on giving back to the communities it serves. In 2020, the bank donated 10% of it’s net income to nearly 100 non-profits, charities, and economic development programs.
Reporting to the EVP Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Commercial Lending Officer will be responsible for overseeing the management and direction of the Commercial Lending team, Commercial Loan Administration department, the Commercial Portfolio Manager, and the Commercial Banking & Compliance Assistant. This person will be a “player-coach” with business development and portfolio management responsibilities, while being part of the Senior Leadership Team.
• Analyzes the credit history of applicants and determines their loan repayment capabilities.
• Negotiates credit terms, such as costs, loan repayment methods and collateral specifications.
• Develops and maintains interest rate structure to be consistent with financial institution policies and procedures,
and to be competitive with current market rates.
• Evaluates potential and existing customer loan requests and makes loan recommendations to management.
• Reviews new laws and regulations that influence business lending within Partners Bank and makes
recommendations to management when necessary.
• Develops new customer prospects and business for the financial institution.
• Make policy and procedures recommendations as needed.
• Exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning performance improvement plans and reviews, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations.
• Coaches, develops, and inspires staff to maximize their potential.
• Involvement in the community to provide maximum opportunity to promote bank products and services.
• Supports goals of the bank while working within policy objectives.
• Resolves conflicts as needed.
• Accountable for team’s success.