Community & Regional Banks
Our client is a $978MM mutual bank operating ten branches in Western Massachusetts. The Bank was established over 150 years ago and has become the dominant financial institution and the number one lender in Franklin County, Massachusetts. This bank is proud of their commitment to the communities they serve. Their philosophy of “building strong communities, one account at a time” is served by the Bank’s significant financial giving and volunteer program. Furthermore, the Bank operates under a mutual holding company, and the mutual philosophy of putting customers, community, and employees first is still at the core of how it conducts business. They are looking for the next SVP Senior Operations Officer.
The SVP Senior Operations Officer will focus on the internal operations of the Bank and is in-charge of the implementation, improvement, and design of the systems of the organization and the implementation of company policies and procedures. This person will direct all aspects of the Bank’s operations which include the following departments: Compliance, Retail Banking, Marketing, Deposit, Electronic and Loan Operations.
• Provide leadership and directly supervise the following: VP Operations, VP Distribution Network Officer, Senior Marketing Officer, and VP Compliance.
• Oversees daily administration/operations of the financial institution.
• Participates as a member of the senior management team and ALCO; provide effective recommendation to CEO and/or Directors regarding major policies, both short and long term goals and objectives, etc., and by serving on various standing and ad hoc committees as directed by the CEO.
• Coordinates activities in accordance with established policies and procedures. In consultation with the CEO, develops and implements the financial institution’s operating policies and procedures.
• Monitors and ensures efficient operation of all financial institution products and services as necessary.
• Participates in the development and implementation of the Bank’s strategic business plan.
• Responsible for all aspects of the Bank’s Business Continuity Plan.
• Direct the assigned departments and participate in the general management of the financial institution in close support of the CEO in order that the Bank achieves its operating objectives in accordance with sound general management principles, regulatory requirements and the Bank’s mission.
• Enhance and promote the role and visibility of the Bank in the community; play an active role on the boards or committees of selected community or industry-oriented service or professional organizations.
• Willingness to contribute to the success of the Bank wherever possible and regardless of rank.
• Advocate and champion for the success of GSB customers and colleagues.